Day: August 5, 2021

What Resources Are Available For Contesting a Will in NZ?What Resources Are Available For Contesting a Will in NZ?

If you are in New Zealand, you may find that contesting a will nz can be difficult and time consuming. If you have a family or are involved with a business there is a good chance that your will contain clauses which may restrict or prohibit certain types of people from making use of some of your property. For example, if you have been left a will which restricts your partner from being able to use any of your property, it can make it difficult for you to sell or transfer your property. As well as this, many will contain clauses which allow relatives to make use of the property by making use of an existing trust. A good lawyer who is experienced in contesting wills in New Zealand can help you determine whether you are within your rights to contest the will or not.

How to choose the best Contesting a Will in NZ

It may sometimes be possible for you to settle the will outside of court, but this is not always the case. In these situations, a lawyer who specialises in contesting wills in NZ can help you. Because laws in New Zealand vary greatly, it may be necessary for you to consult more than one lawyer before you settle on a course of action. A lawyer will be able to look at the will and determine what changes or clauses may make it invalid and worth contesting. They may even be able to determine whether there are any inherent errors in the document which will allow you to claim compensation for your loss and damages.

When it comes to contesting a will in New Zealand, it is important to remember that you do not always have to win. Often times, a judge may take into account any improvements that have been made to the document which can invalidate its validity, so you should not try and claim for a prize that you think you deserve. If the will has already been executed, then you may wish to contact a lawyer that specialises in contesting wills in NZ and ask for legal advice. The same goes if a relative was able to obtain the will and is contesting it, unless of course you are using an attorney to do the legal work for you.